Monday 25 May 2015

Bank Holiday Rest, Relaxation and Workouts!

That's right, I still managed to make it into the gym on the Bank Holiday Monday!
And I felt a lot better for it.

Yesterday, I took as a lazy rest day, and that really didn't seem to sit too well with my body! I felt more tired than I should, and I realised, even when I have been taking 'rest' days on Sundays before, I've done a bunch of housework/gone into town walking around/done the weekly shop... just SOMETHING. Yesterday was my first real day of 'nothing' and I won't make that mistake again. It took me all the way up to getting into the gym again today to start feeling more like myself again.

Something else that I think I need to concentrate on however. Sleep. 

I don't get enough of it generally. And not the 'sleep in till 10 on the weekend' kind of sleep. The kind I should be getting every night. So I want to set myself a challenge. I'm going to start small (as I've learned that's the way to build habits) and just ONE night a week, I want to be in bed and lights out by 9. That might seem early to a lot of people, but I get up at 5am every weekday, so it's really just about right for me. So just once a week, for the next 4 weeks... going to sleep at 9. It's harder than it sounds when you are trying to cram so much into your days, but it will be a start. 

Onto my stats for this week... 

It seems it was another productive week with 5lbs lost. No change to diet but have now added deadlifting to my workouts. (I got a new barbell this weekend... never thought that would make me so happy!).

I'm looking forward to weighing in at under 180lbs soon... It's a nice goal to look forward too!

See you all next week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment